After turning 25 last October, I learned that a lot of people still consider me a child and so “very” young, yet mature for my age. All I’ve got to say to that is.
So, now that I’ve entered my mid-twenties. There’s a lot of things I wish I could warn my younger self about. But, instead of doing that, I’m going to make a list that no one will ever see sharing what things you should do before turning 25. And, if someone is reading this list, I hope you thoroughly enjoy it:
- You will not become an overnight success even if it took you 10 years to write, self-publish, promote, and sell your first science-fiction novel through Amazon KDP.
- You may not get married. But, everyone around you will get married. And, they will send you invites. And, you have the right to decide not to go or to attend. Your choice.
- But, if you must go to a wedding, do not go because someone is forcing you to go, i.e. your parents.
- Dating is nothing like the Twilight movies. Men do not glow. They aren’t going to run in front of a speeding car to save you. And, they probably don’t know you exist.
- Avoid staying at a job you hate for longer than a year. Even if Google advises you to stay at your job until you can find something new. Sometimes, your sanity is worth more than a paycheck.